A Brief History of GEDIK HOLDING
- Commencement of production of GEDIK Welding Electrodes. (08.10.1963)
- Start of product diversification efforts.
- Recept of GEDIK Welding Product Quality Certificates.
- Preparation of Turkey’s first –ever “Welding Manual” for engineers and welders besides the start of Welder Training Courses.
- Establisment of GEDIK Welding Mechanical Test Laboratories.
- Introduction of GEDIK Group to the Valve&Casting sector and the start of production of TERMO branded valves.
- Establisment of Gedik Welding Chemical Laboratories.
- Start of production of submerged arc welding wires by GEDIK Welding.
- Production of the first domestic Formula Kartal 71 Elektrodes starts as a result of GEDIK Welding’s R&D efforts.
- 10.Foundation Anniversary of GEDIK GROUP.
- Establisment of GEDIK Welding Non-destructive Test (NDT) Laboratories.
- First Quality Honor Certificate attained for GEDIK Welding Electrodes.
- Start of the intensive efforts to export GEDIK Welding products.
- Start of first investments for capacity increase of GEDIK Welding.
- Introduction of Brazing rods and flux to the product portfolio of GEDIK Welding.
- Establisment of GEDIK Welding Regional Sales Offices throughout Turkey.
- Relocation and modernization of GEDIK Casting&Valves plant from Kartal/Istanbul to brand new factory in Pendik – Yayalar/Istanbul.
- First ever introduction of Precision Casting Technology to Turkey and commencement of Production by GEDIK.
- Foundation Anniversary of GEDIK HOLDING. (25.08.1983)
- Establisment of new plant in Pendik-Şeyhli/ISTANBUL in addition to the factory of GEDIK Welding in Kartal and the commencement of Turkey’s highest capacity covered electrode production.
- Start of production of GEDIK Welding Machines.
- GEDIK’s precision Casting factory in Menemen/Izmir starts production.
- Start of investment and production of Gas Metal Arc Welding Wire by GEDIK Welding.
- Start of Intensive foreign trade of GEKA branded Turkish welding consumables by GEDIK Welding as the unique firm with %100 domestic capital.
- Foundation of GEDIK Investment&Securities.
- Start of operation of brand-new GEDIK Welding production facilities in Pendik/Istanbul.
- Patent registration and launch of GeKa, GeKaMac, and GeKaTec brands in the domestic and international markets.
- Establisment of GEDIK Education and Social Aid Foundation.
- Attainment of GEDIK Welding ISO 9001 Quality Certificate.
- GEDIK Welding organized the first International Welding Symposium in Turkey.
- Start of Contributions to Turkish Educational System via the colloboration between Gedik Group Companies and GEDIK Education and Social Aid Foundation (GEV).
- VALA GEDIK PRIMARY AND LABOUR SCHOOL / UŞAK -TURKEY.
- VALA GEDIK MIDDLE SCHOOL DORMITORY / UŞAK – TURKEY.
- VALA GEDIK PRIMARY AND LABOUR SCHOOL / TUZLA – ISTANBUL- TURKEY.
- VALA GEDIK Lycee / UŞAK –TURKEY.
- 1 SEPTEMBER UNIVERSTY SCHOOL
- HALİL KAYA GEDİK VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL,PENDİK –İstanbul
- GEDIK Welding’s total closed production site area increased to 50.000 m2 and modernization efforts started for welding wires, electrodes and machines.
- Unification of casting, valve and precision casting affiliated companies under a single legal entity namely GEDIK Casting&Valves Inc.
- Turkish National Assembly awards Mr. Halil Kaya GEDİK with Eminent Services Prize.
- Purchase of a 270.000 m2 land in Sakarya –Hendek 2. Organized Industrial Zone Fort he new investments of GEDIK Welding and GEDIK Casting&Valves.
- Approval of GEDIK Education and Social Aid Foundation as Turkish Responsible Member of IIW
- Honorary doctorate decoration for Mr. Halil Kaya GEDİK by Uşak University.
- Start of flux cored wire production by GEDIK Welding.
- IIW Welding Engineer trainings started by GEDIK Education and Social Aıd Foundation.
- Establishment of GEDIK Test Center and start of NDT training, certification and industrial services.
- Establishment of Turkish Academy of of Welding Technologies (TKTA) by GEDIK Education and Social Aid Foundation.
- Establishment of robotics department of GEDIK under the name of GeKa Robot and start of robotic welding automation services to the ındustry.
- Foundation of GEDIK Vocational High School.
- 63. General Meeting of IIW and International AWST 2010 Conference were orginazed in Istanbul by GEDIK Educational and Social Aid Foundation with 900 attendees.
- First -ever production of submerged arv welding flux in Turkey by GEDIK Welding.
- Start of Production of inverter welding machines under the brand name GeKaMac.
- Foundation of GEDIK University.
- Organization of IIW Regional Conference AWST 2011 in Antalya by the sponsorship of GEDIK.
- Star of Export first prize awarded to GEDIK Welding in the category of the exporters selling to the maximum number of countries.
- Start of the production of waterglass by GEDIK Welding.
- GEDIK Casting&Valves started sand casting and valve production in its 25.000m2 closed site in Hendek 2. organized Industrial Zone.
- Foundation of Robotics Academy within GEDIK University in collabration with GeKa ROBOT.
- Addition of “Halil Kaya GEDİK Prize” among the prizes of International Institute Welding (IIW) awarded to the outstanding scientists.
- GEDIK HOLDING founder, phianthropist and doyen of welding industry Mr. Halil Kaya GEDİK PASSES AWAY ON 14.08.2012.
- 2013 Walter Edström Medal awarded to late Halil Kaya Gedik by IIW.
- GEDIK Education and Social Aid Foundation and GEDIK University Collaborated to organize the first “YOUNG TALENTED WELDERS CONTEST – WELDCUP 2013” in Turkey and the winners are going to participate in the worldwide contests that are going to be organized by Europien Welding Federation (EWF) AND IIW in September 2013.
Celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2013, GEDIK HOLDING is determined to continue its efforts in order to cherish and promote the endeavours of its founder late Halil Kaya GEDİK, increase its contributions to Turkish industrial and educational life, continue to invest in its own people and continue to be the Pioneer of Turkish Industry both in Turkey and abroad.